Even though this winter wonderland has many amenities at our disposal there are just some items that are unavailable up here. Below is a wish list of products that we’ll probably be asking our southern compatriots to ship up to us. Bear in mind we’re not asking for charity. Enough of that has been shown to us already. What we’re asking is for a select few to serve as the “middle man” (or woman) in the ordering process. We’ll provide the cost of the product and shipping. All you need to do is get it, pack it and send it up. Arrangements can and will be made via email or phone call prior to any purchase.
Etheridge (Ian or Suzanne)
PO Box 1045
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
|Legend||W – Walmart||L – Loblaws||S – Sobeys|
- (W L) Land O Lakes Cocoa Classics Hot Chocolate – AC sent us several of these in one of our first care packages and they were awesome. So much so that we ran through them during those really cold days. We want more. ;p
- (W L S ) Nabob Coffee (930g can) – This brand of coffee is up here but only in the small can variety. For the cost of shipping it up here it’d be a worthwhile investment. I got one prior to coming up here in November and opened it up our second week here. I still have a bit left in the canister so to say one can will last a while is an understatement.
- (W L S ) Energizer Lithium AA Batteries – Must be Lithium otherwise they won’t work on Suzanne’s pump. Please bear in mind I believe there are limitations on how many can be shipped so this will definitely have to be talked about prior to purchase.
- (W L S ) Crystal Light Singles – Any flavors. Mix it up. Can never have too many.
|Buk Barn Bonanza|
This is a special section for those brave souls willing to make a Bulk Barn run. We kept our local BB in business with the amount of visits we paid to them. Now that we’re up here we find ourselves feeling the sting of not having that convenience so close. Therefore if you’re heading there anytime in your immediate future and want to help out some desperate arctic folk, drop us a line and we’ll discuss quantities and prices. Below are some of the products we’ll be requesting:
- Y&Y Brand Chow Mein Noodles – This is typically found at any given Bulk Barn pre-packaged.
- Vegetarian Chicken Soup Base (#466) – Usually found in their soup mixes area.
- Assorted Hard, Soft and Chocolate Candies & Treats – Yeah yeah yeah. We know. The candy sucks up here though. It’s hard to find anything fresh and the Bulk Barn is ripe with goodies. Swedish Berries and Hot Lips are Suzanne’s preferred stock while I lean towards the Chocolate covered Peanuts and/or Raisins (basically chocolate covered anything is fine with me… or just plain ole chocolate itself). The Oriental Rice Cracker mix, Wasabi Peas, and Kickin Hot Crunch are also on the wanted list.
- Cocoa Powder – Cheaper than buying it up here.
- Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts -Mmmmmmmm… forbidden peanuts.
- Garlic & Onion Powder
- Sugar Twin / Sweet & Low
- Sea Salt (course)
- Milk Chocolate Chips – For baking… yeah. For baking. Really.